No. 8/ 2564
On Measures regarding the Entry into Thailand and Quarantine for Foreign Citizens
With reference to the Embassy’s Announcement No. 46/2563 dated 24 November 2020 on the Issuance of Special Tourist Visa (STV) and Tourist Visa (TR), and to the Embassy’s Announcement No. 4/2564 dated 21 January 2021on Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ), Alternative Local Quarantine (ALQ) and Golf Quarantine (GQ), the Embassy would like to inform of the new measures regarding the entry into the Kingdom of Thailand and quarantine for foreign citizens as follows :
- Quarantine period will be reduced from 14 days (15 nights) to 10 days (11 nights) for travellers from countries with no mutated strain of the COVID-19 virus.
The list of countries with mutated strains of the COVID-19 virus will be published and updated by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand every month.*
- While undergoing quarantine, travellers will be allowed to engage in leisure activities, namely outdoor exercise, indoor fitness room exercise, swimming, indoor cycling under a controlled environment, and ordering goods and food from outside, subject to conditions set by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand.
- Non-Thai travellers no longer need to present a Fit to Fly Certificate at check-in. It is sufficient to present a Medical Certificate with a laboratory result indicating that the COVID-19 virus is not detected, using the RT-PCR method, issued no longer than 72 hours before departure (in addition to the COE, health insurance & ASQ confirmation).
- The above-mentioned measures will come into effect from 00.01 hrs.
on 1 April 2021 (Bangkok time).
Royal Thai Embassy, Nur-Sultan
31 March B.E. 2564 (2021)
* This information is subject to change in the future due to the official declaration of Ministry of Public Health of Thailand