วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 15 Sep 2019
วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 3 Nov 2023
1. Generally, a foreign citizen who wishes to enter the Kingdom of Thailand is required to obtain a visa from a Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General. However, nationals of certain countries do not require a visa if they meet visa exemption requirements as follow:
1.1 They are nationals of countries which are exempted from visa requirements when entering Thailand for tourism purposes. Such nationals will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom for a period of not exceeding 30 or 90 days depending on the case.
1.2 They are nationals of countries which hold bilateral agreements with Thailand on the exemption of visa requirements. Below is the List of Countries which have concluded Agreements with Thailand on the Exemption of Visa Requirement.
2. Nationals of certain countries may apply for visa upon arrival in Thailand. Travellers with this type of visa re permitted to enter and stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 15 days ONLY. For more information, please see Visa on Arrival
VALIDITY OF VISA & PERIOD OF STAY
Please note that a visa means “a permit to enter” not “a permit to stay” and the validity of a visa is not the duration of stay in Thailand. Visa validity is the period during which a visa can be used to enter Thailand. In general, the validity of a visa is 3 months, but in some cases may be valid for 6 months to 1 year.
The period of stay is granted by an immigration officer upon arrival at the port of entry in accordance with the type of visa. It is displayed on the arrival stamp which shows the entry date and the last date of permission to stay. Please look at the stamp right away to avoid overstay problems which may result in a fine in which case, the Embassy is not accountable for.
Royal Thai Embassies and Royal Thai Consulates - General have the authority to issue visas to foreigners to travel to Thailand. The authority to permit entry and stay in Thailand, however, is with the immigration officers. In some cases, the immigration officer may not permit foreigner holding a valid visa entry into Thailand should the immigration officer find reason to believe that he or she falls into the category of aliens prohibited from entering Thailand under the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).
1. The Embassy will not process a visa application if the application form is not completely filled out.
2. Any visa application which does not contain the proper documentation will be rejected. The applicant may then apply when the proper documentation is attached.
3. The applicant must bring his/her own copies of documentation (passport, flight or reservation ticket, etc.). Please note that the Embassy does not provide copying service. If the applicant does not bring the copies needed, the case will be rejected.
4. Do not apply for a visa earlier than 3 months before your expected date of arrival in Thailand for a single entry visa.
5. The Embassy reserves the right to request more documents or ask for an interview.
6. After collecting the passport with issued visa, applicant must check the visa sticker carefully to make sure it accords with your purposes of visit to Thailand. If there are any doubts, you must raise it immediately with the staff. Otherwise the applicants will take all the consequences by themselves.
7. Upon arrival in Thailand, please check the last date which you are allowed to stay in Thailand stamped in your passport by the Thai immigration officer upon arrival. If you stay beyond the specified date, you may receive a fine for overstaying in Thailand. The Royal Thai Embassy will not responsible for any fine incurred as a result of your violation of Thai immigration law.
8. The Embassy will not return the visa fee paid after hand in your visa application
9. Type of visa can not be change after hand in your visa application
10. The applicants are fully responsible for choosing and submitting correct type of visa according to your purposes and period of stay to Thailand.
11. Visa requirement and information can be changed without prior notice.
12. Consular officers assume the right to deny or grant any type of visa to the applicant.
13. Please remember that your visa collection ticket that you received after turning in your visa is needed when you collect your visa.
Office Hours : Monday - Friday, 9.00 - 12.00 hrs. and 13.00 - 17.00 hrs. (Except public holidays)