21 Oct 2020
No. 43/ 2563
On the Issuance of Tourist Visa
The Royal Thai Embassy in Nur-Sultan wishes to announce that a Tourist Visa category may be applied and used for entry into the Kingdom of Thailand. The Tourist Visa may be received by the residents of the countries with low risk of COVID-19 infection ranked by the Ministry of Public Health of the Kingdom of Thailand, which is subject to revision on the 15th and 30th dates of each month.
The Tourist Visa is for single-entry only, not transferable to other visa types and valid for up to 30 days and upon arrival in Thailand the applicant will be allowed to stay in Thailand up to 60 days. In addition, applicants granted with the Tourist Visa will also be required to apply for a Certificate of Entry (COE) from the Embassy for entry into Thailand.
The Applicants for a Tourist Visa must follow these steps in order to receive all the documents required to enter the Kingdom of Thailand:
STEP 1 : please send the following documents to the Embassy’s email (Thaiembassy.firstname.lastname@example.org) for a Tourist Visa and COE issuance:
1.1 Copy of passport (with validity no less than 6 months)
1.2 Declaration form
1.3 Accommodation :
1.3.1 For the first 14 days after arrival to Thailand : Proof of reservation of designated Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) hotel accommodation. (list of ASQ can be found at http://hsscovid.com/ )
1.3.2 Proof of Accommodation after quarantine period :
22.214.171.124 In case the applicant or family member owns a condominium, please submit :
(1) A copy of confirmation of applicant property ownership OR
(2) A copy of confirmation of the applicant’s family member’s property ownership (spouse or children). Also, please submit a copy of a document confirming the relationship.
126.96.36.199 In case of staying in a hotel, a rental condominium/ house please submit :
(1) A copy of booking confirmation directly from the hotel or throughout the period of staying in Thailand (**after 14 days quarantine - ASQ**), with name, address, contact details and tax payment ID number of the hotel
1.4 An Evidence of adequate finance : A copy of Current bank statement (Savings account only) with minimum balance of 7,000,000 KZT per person in English (at least during the last 6 months/ in the end of each month the minimum closing balance 7,000,000 KZT). The bank statement must indicate the account owner and account balance.
1.5 Confirmed Air Booking (only Emirates Airlines, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways, Singapore Airlines, EVA Air, Thai Airways, Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Swiss Air, KLM, Air France and Cathay Pacific)
1.6 An employment letter indicating the position of the applicant, length of employment, salary, length of paid leave etc.
1.7 A copy of valid medical/health insurance certificate from Thailand indicating that:
(1) cover at least 90 days (from your arrival date) or the whole period of stay in Thailand;
(2) have medical benefit in Thailand for outpatient must not be less than 40,000 Baht;
(3) have medical benefit in Thailand for inpatient must not be less than 400,000 Baht;
(4) cover all medical expenditures including COVID-19 of at least USD 100,000.
The applicant must buy an insurance from a company which has been approved by the Office of Insurance Commission of Thailand which can be found at https://longstay.tgia.org/home/companiesoa
STEP 2: If the application is approved, the Embassy will send email to the applicant to come to the Embassy or the Honorary Consulate to apply for a visa. Visa Fee is 40 USD for a Single entry. We accept cash only. The Embassy/Honorary Consulate will then issue a visa within 5 working days and the Embassy will send a COE to each eligible applicant by email.
STEP 3 : During flight check-in for departure, the applicant must present the airline officer the following documents : (1) Certificate of Entry, issued by the Royal Thai Embassy (2) Filled Declaration form (3) The original COVID-free Health Certificate in English, issued no more than 72 hours before departure (COVID -19 is not detected and the COVID test must be by RT-PCR method) (4) The original “Fit to Fly” doctor’s certificate in English, issued no more than 72 hours before departure
(5) Health insurance with a minimum coverage of USD 100,000 for medical treatment expenses of COVID-19 during stay in Thailand (see 1.7) (6) Booking confirmation n of the Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) and (7) A valid Tourist visa.
4.1 The residents of the Republic of Kazakhstan may not be eligible to apply for a Tourist visa if the country falls into a higher-risk country category in the future as determined by the Ministry of Public Health of the Kingdom of Thailand.
The Embassy will make an announcement if there is any such changes regarding the eligibility for the issuance of the Tourist visa.
4.2 For other inquiries or the application for other types of visa, please contact the Embassy at Thaiembassy.email@example.com .
Royal Thai Embassy,
21 October B.E. 2563 (2020)